Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Bad Day!

So yesterday was a really bad day for me. I let my dog out for a little while that morning. Next thing I knew he was barking a lot so I poked my head out the front door and my Neighbor was yelling at me that he was going to kill my dog. So I hurried and grabbed him, put him in my garage and went across the street to see what was the matter. He had killed their cat and chased his wife because she was trying to stop him and of course he didn't like that. So she was balling holding her dead cat. I said I was sorry a bunch of times and tried not to cry myself because I felt so bad. Then the animal control came over and they agreed that I had to put my dog to sleep. So the animal control followed me over to the vet to make sure it got done. By that time I was balling because I felt so bad about what had happened and that my dog was going to be gone. My neighbor is "The Iron County Sheriff" so I knew I had to do what ever he wanted so I didn't really have a say in it. Now It feels so awkward I don't know if they have hard feelings now. I don't know if they will ever speak to me again. I just hate that feeling of knowing that someone might be mad at me. I feel like I'm just rambling so I will stop now. I just wanted tell someone. Maybe it will make me feel better. I hope you will all have a great Christmas!

6 comments:

Nat Lud said...

So sorry about your dog? :( Hope this weekend is better and the Christmas spirit lightens things up! Your neighbors won't hate ya--you're too nice!

Vicki said...

Oh so sad Becky. Why can't things like that happen to me. I wouldn't care. My sisters champion show dog gets stolen, my neighbors dog is missing, your dog has to be put to sleep and I still have my dog. You all want your dogs and I don't want mine. I can't talk Ron into getting rid of him so I've tried my own tactics, I've even taken his tags off of him and let him out in hopes that someone would find him and keep him or that he would get lost, but no the pound recognizes him and calls me. WHY WHY WHY??? do all of you dog people lose your dogs?? I don't get it. I really do feel bad. That's why I'm frustrated that it doesn't happen to us, we wouldn't care. I feel so bad for you. What an awful thing to go through. And horrible neighbors. They shouldn't have treated you that way. Whoooo I think I just ranted.

Liz Lane said...

First of all Vicki, stop being in denial. You know you want to have your dog sleep in bed with you and lick your tongue. J.K. Sorry you had to read that Becky...What I really wanted to say was that I am so sorry that happened. But don't beat yourself up over it. It's not like you told your dog to kill their cat. (Did you?) I had to put a biter down and it was so sad. They gave me her collar after she was dead. I cried while I was writing out the check to the Vet, realizing I just gave someone money to KILL my dog. I feel your pain. But don't let it get you too down.

em&m said...

I'm so sorry! What an awful thing to happen, to you and to the neighbors. I hope things will be o.k. between you. Hope your Christmas is very merry.

Donalyn said...

Becky are they sure it was your dog, maybe your dog just happened on it after a bigger dog killed it. Isn't your dog a Shih tzu, they are small? Hopefully your neighbor will realize we all do our best. Our neighbors 3 dogs dug under my fence and killed my milking goat who was the sweetest and best milker. My son Scott who was 5 at the time was headed out to milk and saw it happening, even worse the dogs were also going after Scott's baby goat that he had won the grand prize the week before at the County Fair with. Scott was so proud of the goat. Needless to say my neighbor never paid me for the loss of the goats(they weren't cheap because I had to have show goats). It really bothered me at first, but then I realized that we are all just trying get by in this life and they are probably embarrassed. I went out of my way to be nice, even though at first I had some really hard feelings. I figure what counts is how I react to the situation. Just be nice and if they don't forgive then it is on their heads. I know I am not making sense.. Liz got the writting skills in the family...and Vicki is the cold hearted one when it comes to animals. Yes, Vicki I have thought many of times why my Prize Champion was stolen when he doesn't wander and your does wander and makes it back home all the time.

Tiffany said...

That is so sad ! i'm sorry all of that had to happen to you. Hope your spirits are up! Have a Merry Christmas!