So I have the funniest but not so funny story to tell you. On Christmas Eve the kids got to open their pj's and they were so excited about Santa coming. They went to bet at about 10:00 so we waited until we were sure they were asleep and went to work getting things ready. It was about 12:30 when we went to bed and the kids were sound asleep. I was so tired I just went into one of those long winter's nap sleeps. Well at about 2:00am Justin heard a noise down stairs (the kids rooms are on the main floor and ours is upstairs) so I jumped up because I knew it was one of the kids. Our door was closed so I didn't hear anything its a good thing Justin has good hearing but it wasn't good enough. Taylor was downstairs with all his presents open and almost all of Breanna's too. He even opened about half of the presents under the tree that were Breanna's, Dad's and mine. I don't know how long he had been down there playing it had to be quite awhile. Our door was not shut when we went to bed so we could hear if the kids got up but when I went downstairs it was shut yes.... Taylor shut our door before he got into all the presents so we wouldn't hear. What a smart little stinker! I was so mad but how can you discipline a little kid that is just too excited to wait for everyone else. So I had to clean up all the wrapping paper and set up Breanna's presents again some now unwrapped. We had a good talk with Taylor about not opening other peoples presents and put him in bed in between us. We told Breanna what Taylor had done so all Christmas day when we went to my parents house she had to tell everyone that Taylor opened her presents. Has this ever happened to any of you? I would love to hear your stories. I just want to see if there are other kids out there that are as sneaky as my son. I really wish I had taken pictures but I was too mad to even think about that.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Naughty or Nice.........Naughty!
Posted by Johnsonsblog at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That is so funny. Vicki actually told me about it yesterday and we were laughing over it. My kids opened all of their cousins presents. They were waiting to take them with them on their trip out-of-town. Fortunately, my mother-in-law caught it before their cousins did and re-wrapped all of their gifts. Aaagghh! Kids. They are so curious and just can't help themselves.
I think that takes the cake for Christmas stories. This is the first time I've ever heard of that. I think that's why I laughed so hard when your Mom told us about it. It's funny that you say that you were too mad to take pictures. Now that I can definitely say has happened to me before!
becky that is hilarious! luckily my kids aren't old enough to think that "creatively" but I am sure the day will come. Great story to remind him of when he's older.
Becky that is so funny i could picture the whole thing. i know one year mom wouldn't put names on the gifts because we always got into our own presents.
Post a Comment