Monday, August 3, 2009

Go Army Chicks!

So girls camp was awesome! This is the first time I have gone to girls camp as a leader not a young woman so it was a little different, OK a lot different. We got rained out the first two days and we were freezing. It made it an adventure I guess. We ended up having to cook in a tent the first night and the second night we played a great get to know you game in the tent. There was a lot I learned if I ever have to do it again that's for sure. Some of the things I planned didn't happen but I just have to get over it. Things don't always work out perfect, right? But all in all it turned out great for my first planned girls camp. I loved loved loved the testimony meeting. I loved getting to know the girls they are so loving and kind. We only had 10 girls and ended with only 8. They were great. Although I need to come up with a better chore chart because it just didn't work. So if any of you have any suggestions on that please let me know. It was a great learning experience for me and I would do it again:)

The whole gang on the last day(besides some girls and leaders that weren't able to make it), lets just say we didn't smell too great:)

We had to do a skit and us leaders had to participate because we only had 8 girls and I was "Harry the Hunter" with a uni-brow and a mustache. We did the Bachleorette!

The Leaders!!!! In front of our banner

Just listening to songs at Roll Call!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky - I'm so glad you had a great time at camp! I've been awaiting your post. It was fun to see pictures, and it sounds like you did an awesome job! I am sure the girls loved you. I know how frustrating it is when you plan out certain things, and then they never come to fruition, but I'm sure you were great at improvising. I'm glad you had fun!!!

Tiffany said...

Looks like you had fun! You go girl. I don't think I could of handled it.
Are you talking about how big my photos are or the way they look individually. Effects, etc!

Tiffany said...

Some of it you can do through picasa. My sister actually did them for me. She has a really neat computer program