Monday, January 28, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet

I was watching TV when I learned of President Hinkley's passing last night and am very saddened to hear that he is gone. He was such a great man of God. I will miss all of his humor and profound guidance. He accomplished so much in his life time I only wish I can be half as good a person as him. A great man has left us to go to a better place. I just love to think that he is with his beloved Marjorie Hinkley right now. I know he sorely missed her. I feel privileged to have been in his presence. He came to Parowan and I had the great opportunity to see him and Marjorie speak in our chapel. I will never forget the feeling I had being in the same room as him. I know he was a true Prophet. I will miss him as I know so many of you will.

1 comments:

Dan and Sara said...

It was definitely bitter sweet hearing of President Hinckley's passing. I had such a love and deep respect for him. I will miss hearing his voice and seeing him during conference, and will miss his great wit and personality! But it's hard to be too sad about his passing when you imagine him being reunited with his sweet wife, Marjorie. I am so thankful that I could live at a time when he was our prophet!